Sign in to follow this  
Jonny

New Content/Advertising - Overall Informative Post

Content polls  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see Raid bosses released into the wilderness dropping raid items? This essentially would save us weeks of development and have raid bosses/items released much faster.

• Yes, release raid bosses into the wilderness.
    • No, I would rather wait 1 month+ to have raid bosses/items released into the game.
  2. 2. What update would you like to see released first?

• Clan System
    • Raid Bosses (Featured in Question 1)
    • Prestiging (Reset your skills to 1 and have a harder experience rate allowing you to train to level 100, 101, 102, depending on how many times you prestige)
    • Collection Log (View a log of all the items you can receive from each boss and highlight it once you have gotten the drop)
  3. 3. What update would you like to see released second?

• Clan System
    • Raid Bosses (Featured in Question 1)
    • Prestiging (Reset your skills to 1 and have a harder experience rate allowing you to train to level 100, 101, 102, depending on how many times you prestige)
    • Collection Log (View a log of all the items you can receive from each boss and highlight it once you have gotten the drop)

f74a703edfc0b19e3aab36a143cf6e6b.png.04c

Hello everyone,

This topic is overall an informative post to let you know what is going on inside Runique.

Content Releases

We have received many inquiries asking what content will be released next, when will it be released, etc.

We have quite a few ideas (some you have given to us) and many things currently in development.
Vote on the poll above to let us know what you want implemented into the game.

Advertising

There has been some discussion regarding Runique's current player count ranging from 20-50 online.

This is a big drop from in September when we had 75-120 online nonstop.

What is the difference? In September the server was fairly new, our advertising was a lot more sharp than it is now.

One of the biggest inquiries we have received is, 'people are quitting' and 'how do we stop them from quitting'.

The honest answer to this is, everybody quits the RSPS they are playing at one point.

Estimated more than half of the people that read this topic will most likely not be playing Runique in 6 months.

How do we fix this problem? The only answer to this, is active updates & advertising.

How we will fix both of these problems

Depending on the feedback we get from this poll, we will prioritize development to 1 specific content release.

We are working with some YouTubers behind the scenes and working on new potential advertising strategies.

There is no estimate for any of these, however you should see progress over time.

Runique will continue to have minimal advertising until we can release new content into the game which could be as soon as next week.

Overall I hope this post gave you some insight into Runique's current state and future plans.

One thing I will say is, you never have to worry about Runique closing down.

We will always be here to blow it back up when it hits the ground!

Runique Management Team

• Like 5

Wooohooo! So excited for the future of Runique!

• Like 1

It's good to hear you are getting feedback from the community, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the near future. 
Nice work Johnny!

• Like 1

Raids will bring players, People love raids, if you release that first, that gives players a large quantity of new content to enjoy while you work on other things, mainly because raids is full of different rewards, so it becomes slightly harder to "complete" raids, which will make people come, and most likely stay.

Prestiging is also another great way of keeping players, as it comes us something more to achieve, maxing an account isn't that hard at all, but going to 120 skills gives us more to do, instead of maxing at 99 and reaching "end game" skills, i definitely recommend doing this, either first OR second, both raids and prestiging gives players something more to achieve, giving us more reasons to stick around.

If you release raids bosses into the wilderness, I guarantee people will think you're lazy and cheating your way out of doing regular raids (which people LOVE)
I strongly suggest to NOT do this, as it will make the server look rushed.

• Like 5

I will be here in 6 month still, i can promise you that hehe :D

• Like 1

Looking foward to see what lies ahead for the future of runique 😀

• Like 1

So I clicked the wrong thing for all three of my votes. 3 am here :(

I think we should have Raids 1 first and then prestiging second, for the exact reasons Crackhead said. I couldn't have said it better! :)
I wouldn't mind waiting 1 month+ for Raids at all.

• Like 1

For the prestige system I would like to see it like it was on R1, where you prestige once, get x5 xp rate for that skill and it goes to level 120, it was a great middle ground between grindy and feeling rewarding (combat stats still only go to 99), I remember this update making the hiscores for the harder modes much more competitive and it was very fun.

The way you have suggested it makes it sound impossible to "finish" because you would pretty much need to do 100 times the work to end up at 120, which for most people would make it very dead content.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stan Lee said:

For the prestige system I would like to see it like it was on R1, where you prestige once, get x5 xp rate for that skill and it goes to level 120, it was a great middle ground between grindy and feeling rewarding (combat stats still only go to 99), I remember this update making the hiscores for the harder modes much more competitive and it was very fun.

The way you have suggested it makes it sound impossible to "finish" because you would pretty much need to do 100 times the work to end up at 120, which for most people would make it very dead content.

I agree with Stan Lee.
It should be x5 regardless of what game mode you play and you can go to Level 120. 

• Like 1

Good stuff! Keen to see the future updates 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

I agree, I honestly figured this is how it would be done, and it would be a much better way of doing it.

• Like 1

'As long as the beer's here, Harmon's here' -Harmon Todesto.

Basically my way of saying as long as you guys are still up, I'll be here 

• Like 2

Honestly feel like advertising should be the first thing to happen. Hitting the new players who started playing Rs mobile, those probably don't even know about RSPS.

But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nrazzer said:

Honestly feel like advertising should be the first thing to happen. Hitting the new players who started playing Rs mobile, those probably don't even know about RSPS.

But that's just my opinion.

Any ideas on how we can reach that audience?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanner said:

Any ideas on how we can reach that audience?

Not exactly sure who the audience is with mobile, but personally I have gotten osrs advertisements on Facebook. So maybe it’s about looking at statistics for osrs (age demographic) then looking at which platforms they use. Idk how advertisements work on Facebook anymore but personally back when I was advertising my own company on Facebook, it really didn’t cost much to have a promoted Facebook post. Probably costs some more depending on how big of a reach you want though. But maybe also just making events such as on Twitter, like retweet for a chance to win “xx”. Engagement + promotion at the same time.

Promotion through vote pages aren’t really that strong anymore, not that it should be taken away, but it’s just not reaching many people since most just go there to vote and get reward, not to find new servers to play on.

Edit:

Also don’t focus on youtubers promoting you, it’s obvious that they get paid to say what they say and that whatever they have they got for free.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nick said:

I agree with Stan Lee.
It should be x5 regardless of what game mode you play and you can go to Level 120. 

agreed, this seems like the best way to make prestige work

• Like 2

Thank you for updates, for keeping server online.

• Like 1

With prestige i am really doubting how many players this would bring. I can see how it makes the server more interesting for the veterans here who are maxed on grandmaster. However, how many people is that? We lack a group of new/starting players so i think you guys should focus on those people by adding new interesting content like raids. Implementing things like prestige should happen after anything else i believe.

Keep up the good developing work~! Love the fact that you guys ask for our opinion on matters 😃

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Intimacy said:

With prestige i am really doubting how many players this would bring. I can see how it makes the server more interesting for the veterans here who are maxed on grandmaster. However, how many people is that? We lack a group of new/starting players so i think you guys should focus on those people by adding new interesting content like raids. Implementing things like prestige should happen after anything else i believe.

Keep up the good developing work~! Love the fact that you guys ask for our opinion on matters 😃

But making updates that keep players around also helps keep the server alive, prestige was a huge hit on R1 and people have been talking about it in help cc, yell and at edge bank for the almost 4 months I have played the server and I think a lot of people are very interested in it, even non GM accounts, I agree it probably shouldn't be the top priority to release it atm even though I want it a lot cause it basically kept me playing R1 long after I would have quit otherwise. Prestige made the game feel competitive again skilling wise on R1 and even bosses became better profit because the skilling supplies they drop went up.

• Like 2