Sign in to follow this  
Jonny

The Official Plan (Updates, Advertising)

f74a703edfc0b19e3aab36a143cf6e6b.png.04c
Hello,

If you have not read the announcement made on Tuesday, you should read it here before reading this.

I have considered all options for the future of Runique.

I considered:

1.) Completely resetting just the economy

Can't happen because it wouldn't help our advertising campaign & current players would be upset

2.) Completely resetting both the economy & skills

Can't happen because we don't have enough money to advertise a complete relaunch of the server

3.) Turning Runique into a customs server

Can happen, but most likely wouldn't be successful because of there being 2 successful custom servers currently.

4.) Rebranding Runique into a different name

Falls back on the same problem as #2.

Don't have enough money to advertise a relaunch of a server.

5.) Converting Runique into a completely 100% OSRS server

Requires an economy reset, so this falls back on #1.

Here is what I have decided:

Runique will continue going with Runique's server structure.

No economy reset, no changing the type of server. We will be continuing with the same plan that we have had since August (Pre-eoc eco).

I'll be changing the way we go about updates & advertising.

Due to me now having time to work on the server, you can expect more work to be put into it. Ill be making progress updates on discord for the work that is being put into the server. There will be constant bug fixes & updates, & I don't want to go too much into detail regarding what updates will come first, etc but you can expect progress to be made. Since I am now working on Runique solo, I am going to be making a lot of changes to management, advertising, and update flow.

What will be happening in the first game update is still being decided, however starting today I am going to get working on bug fixes & converting us back over to the original Trello system that we moved off of so the community can see when progress is being made.

Thank you for reading,

Jonny

• Like 6

I for one think that an eco + skill reset should be a possibility. None of us want to play on a dead server. If starting again on a new, updated, fixed version of Runique means that the game will prosper then I know that the loyal people will stay. 

We should be able to get our untradeables refunded and keep our donator ranks aswell as getting double exp for the first week of the servers launch. I've thought multiple times that an eco reset would be good for us because the gap between old players and new ones is too large and certain aspects of the game are unrealistic (ironman not being able to be attacked in the wilderness).  

Regarding advertising, we need to influence players to WANT to create videos of Runique. Whether they have 0 youtube subscribers or 1000, they should still get something for helping. Maybe giving advertisers a few $10 scrolls for every video they post or something? 

• Like 3

I have mix feelings about a reset, mainly because I'm just being lazy. Part of the problem is for the players that do actually have wealth, it sucks start fresh. 
Idk, make a poll and keep it open for a few weeks.

Like Slayex said,
Keep Donator ranks, untradeables, current vote points, (my vote hat) <3, and exp would be great.
Shoot, $10 scrolls per video, I'd upload daily lmao. 

• Like 3

Eco reset would be worse, so it's great you do not reset it. In my opinion polls is great thing to do; like what update first, why people leave server or why they like server and etc. 

Ps: monthly poll should help you to figure out things :)

• Like 1

This thread was truly amazing. You list all of the things you can't do, and then continue to tell the community that you'll be here for them holding their hand. x]

If you ever wanted to find out the community, and servers problems. Make a new account, and try playing the game as a noob. You'll realize all the problems, and since it's your server you could fix it with ease, and add new things that new players should know, and have, and you can communicate with your fellow community and understand the issues they have.

For the above there is so much you can do for player, and community experience. You just don't have anyone that knows a thing about staffing apparently.

Advertising is really simplified now days. (when it comes to doing it with 0 cash) Since discord is the main way of communicating now days use that as a means of advertising. Tell YOUR staff to manually go through each person on the servers discord, messaging them with the play now link, and also tell them what's been changed within the community, and whats all going on. Have your staff actually do something about the problem. Don't just rely on yourself. Reach out to YOUR community. You can't do it all alone. You need to involve them, and give them a purpose. Lead them. I'd have them reach out to their buddies after doing the above, and their buddies would reach out to their buddies, etc. I'd have you have your staff members making threads about this server anywhere and everything, random places, known places. I'd have your staff comment and or update threads already made. I'd have your staff constantly making pastebins with runique.org as the title so it would constantly show up in the pastebin feed. Make a server do it for you. Like there so much you can do. 

If you actually want things done; let me know. @Jonny

• Like 3

Amazing ideas Kyle ❤️ Definitely will be doing some of those things