Sign in to follow this  
Tanner

Moving Forward

Community Input  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen with skills after the reset?

• I want to keep my skills, I grinded hard for them.
    • Everyone should lose their skills, I just started.
  2. 2. Are Effigies too OP?

• Remove Effigies completely
    • I like the free experience

0a552139ba1bc266273dcac56f79556f.png

Hello,

We want you guys to know that we are doing what we think is best for the future of the server. At the moment we have some problems in the game, we are going to take a few weeks to really get after it and start implementing our ideas that we mention below. We love the community we have and that is why we’re going to put in a lot of time and effort into giving you guys the game you love to play! We love the feedback we’ve been getting lately, and we appreciate it more than you can image. Below is the agenda where you can see the different topics we’re covering in this post. It is going to be a hefty one.

Agenda

1. Donator Ranks
  2. Item Reset
  3. The Plan with Raids
  4. Wilderness Revamp (Rewards/Hot spots)
  5. Boss Point Shop Removal
  6. Fire Torva Rework
  7. Ice Torva Rework
  8. Drop Rate Rework
  9. Hardcore Iron Man Rework
  10. Seasonal & Holiday Event Rework
  11. Chaotics Rework
  12. Dungeoneering
  13. Harder Bossing
  14. Prestiged Combat Stats
  15. Update Schedule & Beta
  16. Polls

Donator Ranks

Everyone will keep their donator ranks! Thank you everyone for continuing to support us ❤️

Players who have donated recently can pm us privately and we can discuss different options for you, including a refund if that is what you want.

Item Reset

If we're going to put the effort in to make this server a real server, there are some thing we have to do that not everyone will agree on :( This means that we will be resetting the economy, but in order to give those who are sticking around, a head start.... We will be letting all players keep untradeable items. We feel we can do this without impacting the economy at all.

The Plan with Raids

Currently we are close to completing Chambers of Xeric. We spent a lot of time trying to master the mechanics of certain bosses and features within the raid, however, we feel it is best to spend time on the important parts instead of the small parts of the raid that will likely be ignored. What we have left is completing the party system, rewards and The Great Olm mechanics. We are going to focus on finishing a single instead of dynamic rotation, eventually we will update it further.

Rare raid items will only be obtained from raids.

Boss Point Shop Removal

We know the players loved this update, but we feel in order to make the game more of a grind we will be removing this shop. Originally, it was added to give players an alternative to getting rare items if they had back luck with bosses drop tables. This decision is final.

Fire Torva Rework

We will be removing fire torva from king black dragon. Fire torva is meant to be an extremely rare set that is earned through grinding. We decided the mechanic of afk’ing with just a set of torva was a bad way to allow this item to enter the game. Fire torva will only be obtained through the achievement shop.

Ice Torva Rework

We decided that if we are reworking fire, ice needs to be adjusted as well. Nex will no longer roll the chance for ice torva. This set will only be obtained through the PvM point store.

Drop Rate Rework

We will be reworking the drop rate system so it is based off a percentage system instead of a + system aswell as a in-game drop interface so it will be much more realistic rates.

Hardcore Iron Man Rework

We will be discussing within the Hardcore Ironman Community for updates to the HCI rank.

Seasonal & Holiday Event Rework

We understand that a seasonal event is much more fun if you have the chance to earn a seasonal item! We promise that all future holiday events will never include tradeable items, any rare items earned from this event will be cosmetic only.

Dungeoneering

In the time that we are reworking the server, we will be working on dungeoneering. This will be an awesome content update because the skill is not currently trainable. We will include all dungeoneering items as rewards for training this, including chaotics.

Harder Bossing

We are going to rework some of the combat formulas with players vs monsters. We understand that some bosses have the ability to be afk’d against. Because we are trying to make the game more rewarding for any grind, we will be making some adjustments to the popular afk bosses.

Update Schedule & Beta

In order to ensure we are not rushing updates, we will be creating a schedule for when updates are released. This will allow adequate testing in the beta server. Yes, that means we will be bringing back the beta server in order to ensure no bugs are pushed to the live game.

Prestiged Combat Stats

We feel that allowing a player to reach 120 in a combat stats gives too much of an advantageous advantage in the PvM and PvP environments. You will be able to prestige a combat stat, but the max level will still be 99. Any player who has over 99 in a prestiged combat stat will be readjusted to the new max of 99. 

Polls

Please voice your opinion about these polls, we want the communities input.

• What do you want to happen with skills after the reset?
  • Are Effigies too OP?

PS

Jonny will also be rejoining Runique on this journey and we will be releasing a date and timeline for everything soon.

• Like 9

I like the look of this and hope everyone else does too, because i'm also gonna work on making sure we don't fail :D

Looks good and much needed. Might make a return to in-game playing rather than just forum stalking.

• Like 1

Return of the beta is just what I wanted to see, this is a very important step in the right direction!

You should probably also reset untradeable or make sure their alch value is 0 so people cant hide money in their untradeables

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan and i will re join 100% after this, hopefully we keep stats since i cbf to grind out gm again haha 

Also is there an eta on reset? 

• Like 2

I like Stan, but one of the points are also not to overflow ourselfs with too much to soon, this is the start module, and then there will be a rolling, otherwise we just drown each other in stuff and nothing gets done :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Return of the beta is just what I wanted to see, this is a very important step in the right direction!

You should probably also reset untradeable or make sure their alch value is 0 so people cant hide money in their untradeables

Tbh I voted for stat reset. Hopefully GM can be done the right way then as that was part of the item abuse for drop rate with people switching to GM after gaining XP in easier ranks.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while but I think that everything I read above is going to be really good for the server!  @Jonny@Tanner Great work! When/if the reset happens I'll try to pop in and play again.

• Like 1

everything will be better for the server not been on for a while but will be back soon looking forward to it

• Like 1

A thing that was missed out, custom donations? What happens to those and stuff people donated for. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

A thing that was missed out, custom donations? What happens to those and stuff people donated for. 

I would say - Cosmetic fine. Anything to give an advantage then no. Should be lost.

Donations are a way to help servers. Shouldn't be able to buy anything you want for PvM etc.

Which I was one of the biggest offenders at buying things to PvM with. Only thing I didn't buy was the blowpipe and that took me 1000+ Kills!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Benge said:

I would say - Cosmetic fine. Anything to give an advantage then no. Should be lost.

Donations are a way to help servers. Shouldn't be able to buy anything you want for PvM etc.

Which I was one of the biggest offenders at buying things to PvM with. Only thing I didn't buy was the blowpipe and that took me 1000+ Kills!

Fair enough, id take cosmetics ig as compensation 

• Like 1

Can’t wait to see how it all turns out! :)

• Like 1

This is what I’m talking about. I look forward to seeing what will be done. If everything on this list is completed, I guarantee you Runique will get a lot of it’s player base back. Good stuff guys. 

• Like 1

Seems fair, thanks for letting us keep our donator ranks and untradeables!

I think effigies need a rework, as in be removed from bandits drop tables and make it only obtainable through Slayer/Bossing and maybe one other way as well, but everyone will just camp bandits for days for easier effigies because getting them without bandits makes them ultra rare and slightly buff their drop chances maybe if you make them obtainable through slayer tasks or bossing.

Thank you for bringing beta back up as well 👍🏼

• Like 2

Effigys are fine, effigys from afking bandits are not fine.

I think chaotics should stay as rare drops from monsters and to not waste dev-time on a skill that, from my experience, doesn't feel like old runique at all.

• Like 4

Interesting.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Werewolf said:

Effigys are fine, effigys from afking bandits are not fine.

I think chaotics should stay as rare drops from monsters and to not waste dev-time on a skill that, from my experience, doesn't feel like old runique at all.

That's what I meant by a rework, they need to be removed from bandits, but be left alone other than maybe slightly increase the chances of obtaining them. Because they're so rare if you don't camp bandits,  I've received maybe one or two in total from slayer/bossing, that's why bandits are camped the most

• Like 1

Yeah. This plan looks really nice Tanner, but how many times have 'plans to revive runique' been posted? I really hope this time its for real. So much false hope was given to us in the past, that I find it hard to believe this will happen.  I'll be checking back periodically, maybe if things start improving again, I will come back to playing.

Good luck man.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Woody said:

Interesting.

My oh my, you're a sight for sore eyes. I hope you come back! ❤️

• Like 1

Jonny and Tanner.

Please add a few OG players like Ryan, Woody, Kors, Josh, Benge and myself into a chat on Discord.
As well as some newish players like within the last month so we can talk about some new ideas and then poll them from there.

A lot of old players are commenting on this, they know what should've been in the game months ago/from the beginning.
Also please start polling future content updates, we as the community should have a big say in what's added into the game and what isn't.
There is so much I could type but I'll wait to see what happens next.

If you guys can pull this off then I guarantee tons of old players will come back as well as lots of new players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Going to write a list of what I personally think should be looked at from playing the server over the course of it's opening and order it in the priority that it should be looked at;

Economy reset - Reset all items in the economy and start fresh, this gives ALL new and old players the same fair chance of obtaining any item

↪ Donated items - Any items that have been custom donated for in the past should be refunded in bonds or their price exchange in cosmetic value (Outfits/Partyhats etc) I believe (me being guilty of it myself) should have never donated for items like pernix/Blowpipe etc, This added hard obtained items into the game too fast and too easy which then had a snowball effect when we had doubel drop days that caused obtaining other rare items from monsters way too easy.

Account stat reset: I agree ALL combat stats should be reset, After thinking about it long and hard I kind of believe skills should also be reset. Otherwise for the majority of players that will play again all they need to do to obtain a completionist cape is max their combat skills and potentially do a few achievements. This doesn't seem fair for newcomers , however I understand this idea was to compensate for players who will stick around and play. However I believe there could be a solution for this and you provide some sort of (Veteran Ring) and how this would work is, when equiped ALL skills obtain a x1.5/x2 XP rate (Once you're 99, if you carry on training that skill with the ring it has no bonus XP effect, This also combats using it for getting a master cape in said skill). This would then combat the fact people would still have to reskill to obtain a completionist cape but they're still rewarded for sticking around.

COMBAT TRIANGLE - PLEASE for the love of god PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEE look at this! It's honestly aweful!! Especially for PVP, The whole combat system IMO needs looking at, People that have PKED or even tried to pk knows how shocking it is. Range is shockingly shit against mage armour (Even with no overhead prayers it's trash) Magic.. well yeah where do I start with this? I'm still convinced when casting an ancient spell that freezes a player a dice is rolled to determine if you freeze said player or not. (Even with +140 magic bonus and a player in rune you splash from time to time) Also summoning was nerfed and nerfed so hard titans may as well just be removed from the game, I understand they were nerfed because with titan alone you could kill someone, but after it got nerfed we said countless times it needs a slight buff and got ignored!? Please look into this and fix it, Summoning is a huge part of PKing on majority of servers. Also some special weapons could really do with being looked at, special attacks also seem so randomly generated and gear at times doesn't even seem to be taken into consideration. A few weapons are (Armadyl Godsword, Dragon claws, Korasi, DDS)

Bossing - This was a huge flaw in the later stages of the server, Bossing got super stale and people eventually drained all the fun out of the current bosses. No point farming bosses when you have all the gear from the bosses that are ingame.

↪ Raids, Fuckkkkkkk... what happened guys? It seemed to be going so well and then suddenly you hit a brick wall and raid content/updates just vanished? As you know and can tell by other servers we're way behind on this sort of content, but honestly we need it badly. Raids/Theatre of blood/Inferno. I'd put this right at the top but in all truth, if the first two aren't looked at it will just have a snowball effect on bossing. WE NEED RAIDS/TOB/Inferno, Like NEED NEED it.. Without it, it puts people off staying long term. People play private servers because it's an easier solution to OSRS, but when we don't provide content that OSRS have they then turn to another server that does that still provides a easier gaming experience.

↪ It's been mentioned but I feel another person saying it shows how serious it is, Bosses combat system? Bosses are way too easy, I think 80% of them are so easy to AFK once you have mid-game gear. Few examples (Phoenix/Corp/Armadyl/Giant Mole/KBD)

Hardcore Iron Man - You're right (And I don't even play HCIM) but the amount of complaints i've seen I think I know enough to back this up, It definitely needs looking at. Obtaining of items, Buying & Selling. Also PVP aspect of HCIM, personally I still believe they should be allowed to be killed, However don't lose a life but should lose items.

↪ Rolling from HCIM to Ironman, We definitely are lacking on the content side of GROUP IronMan, I think nearly most large servers that provide HCIM AND IM now have GIM.. This we should be looking at adding.

Prestige combat skills - These never should have been allowed to have combat stats of 120, IMO it's just not right and should of capped 99.

Dungeoneering - Even if we had a simple dungeoneering skill like other servers do, 1-3 rooms complete a room by killing a boss, you get tokens. More rooms you complete more tokens you get. Simple yet you still have to work for your chaotics whilst training the skill.

Donator ranks - I believe we should have some more areas, Especially for legendary I understand we get some nice perks but a place we can chill out and skill with minimum players would be nice too

↪ If considered i'm sure I could think of some ideas

Above is truly what I believe needs to be looked at as a nacessity, as for Wilderness revamp itself/Torva (Fire/Ice) / Events / Updates & Schedule / Polls , I'll make another post later/tomorrow and address these too.

• Like 3

Going to keep it short and sweet. If custom donation items (BiS ammys, nex sets, custom blowpipes) are not removed from the game I honestly see no reason for anyone to return to a revamped runique. Its just going to end up in the same position no matter what happens.

And i will never forget early on in the game when a player donated for fire torva. I also will never forget the time someone donated for a MAX GM account. This caused a bit of controversy at the time and caused some people who had farmed for items like fire torva, and spent time leveling a GM account to leave, or like me personally, lose a bit of drive to play the game since someone can just throw money around and make the grind feel worthless.

And for the love of god, those events man.

If you do not make the same mistakes and you are honest and earnest about this server. It will grow.

Summary; If your serious about this and do it right, the community will be behind you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Going to keep it short and sweet. If custom donation items (BiS ammys, nex sets, custom blowpipes) are not removed from the game I honestly see no reason for anyone to return to a revamped runique. Its just going to end up in the same position no matter what happens.

And i will never forget early on in the game when a player donated for fire torva. I also will never forget the time someone donated for a MAX GM account. This caused a bit of controversy at the time and caused some people who had farmed for items like fire torva, and spent time leveling a GM account to leave, or like me personally, lose a bit of drive to play the game since someone can just throw money around and make the grind feel worthless.

And for the love of god, those events man.

If you do not make the same mistakes and you are honest and earnest about this server. It will grow.

Summary; If your serious about this and do it right, the community will be behind you.

I feel like the Superior amulet could be nerfed to be say a 3-5% drop rate boost and also lower the stat boosts. Could also get rid of the passive healing effect.

This way the amulet is still a good amulet and not OP. Obviously these are just basic numbers and we can discuss it.

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

I feel like the Superior amulet could be nerfed to be say a 3-5% drop rate boost and also lower the stat boosts. Could also get rid of the passive healing effect.

This way the amulet is still a good amulet and not OP. Obviously these are just basic numbers and we can discuss it.

Its not so much the amulet thats the problem, its the custom donation aspect i disagree with.

• Like 1