Sign in to follow this  
Scottsterlin

The Future of Runique is On the Horizon.

The real change starts now.

Hello everyone. I know this is probably a bit of a surprise to most of you but I will be taking over a new position here at Runique, and that is System Architect. The job of a system architect is to ensure the tools being used and the hardware running is the best that it can be. Let me tell you guys, this was an UGLY MESS before I stepped in.  The ENTIRE world of Runique's Servers, Client, Update Server, Web Server, just got a thorough cleaning and makeover.

I know you probably don't know me all that well and I still have yet to meet everyone in this community, and you have every right to have red flags be raised when you see an unfamiliar face come to such a position out of nowhere. Let me put all of those concerns to rest with action over the next week or so by providing a much smoother, more reliable, and less buggy Runique experience. 

So what does that mean?

First and foremost, the ENTIRE infrastructure is changing and there will be some hiccups down the road as we are literally reinventing the entirety of the servers and the technology being used. I'm going to try my hardest to mitigate these to the best of my ability and every hiccup we have I will have pinpointed down and change whatever necessary to prevent further issues. I don't anticipate any more than a few minutes here and there of downtime as things are updated and improvements are made. I will try my best to keep everyone informed of what is happening, why, and where. 

Where are we currently sitting?

Yesterday, the 30th of October, we took 16 hours to change everything over to new servers. As of now everything is running on the new hardware and software. We are keeping a very close eye on everything over the next week or so to see if we can improve even further given the new environment we are in. We would really appreciate it if you could let us know if you find anything out of the ordinary so we can fix it up right away.

What about the update?

Now that we completed everything we needed to yesterday, we are ready to start cranking out the updates in a much better fashion than before to ensure the update goes as expected and we can better keep an eye on things as they progress. You should see Vorkath coming VERY soon with Clans closely following. We decided to split these out into two seperate updates to better pinpoint any issues that may come from the update. We are REALLY cranking out some great stuff, and we really appreciate your patience with us.

Why?

As previously stated, the quality of the infrastructure prior to me coming in was not ideal for this type of environment. Cleaning this up and ensuring what we are using is the correct tool for the job is going to increase productivity and bring new and improved content to you in a much quicker fashion and with a higher quality than previously. 

If anyone has any questions for me don't hesitate to contact me in-game, in discord, or on the forums and I will do my best to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

I am really excited to see where this takes us because the skill Jonny and High105 have is amazing, they are well equipped to be running this show and I'm just here to facilitate a better environment for them.

I hope to see you guys in-game soon and get to know each of you.

Thanks for reading,

Collin aka ScottSterlin 'The Man, The Myth, The Legend'

• Like 6

Glad to have you on our team!

You will help us reach goals that we have set!! I cannot wait to see our progress over the next few weeks :D

• Like 1

Looking forward to working with you! 

Great things will come :'] 

Welcome to the team Collin. 

Very nice introduction, red flag is half way down. See you in-game and good luck on your duties;)

• Like 1

Glad to have you on the team mate!

nice! im glad to hear that we got some infastructure, looking forward to new things from you dude!

All these new and fun stuff being developed for us, so glad to have you!

POGGERS

Can't wait for all the DOUBLE DROPSSSS, no on a real note though; If you are here to help then we are here to support. Thank you in advance for all the time, effort and care we all know you will put into this server. I look forward to a more smooth and more improved Runique 2.0 <3